"Los Angeles." Gary Winogrand. The Awl.
"Still Cold" by Mazzy Star from Among My Swan
In this May 18, 1970, photo provided by The Minnesota Historical Society, Mike McConnell, left, and Jack Baker attempt to obtain a Hennepin County marriage license in Minneapolis. The couple, both 28 at the time, were blocked from getting a license which prompted a lawsuit that was ultimately rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1972. Four decades later, the couple is still together in Minneapolis. R. Bertrand Heine. Minnesota Public Radio.
"Up the Wolves" by The Mountain Goats from The Sunset Tree
"1. Mrs Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself. Pity. A signature strike leveled the florist’s.
2. Call me Ishmael. I was a young man of military age. I was immolated at my wedding. My parents are inconsolable.
3. Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather. A bomb whistled in. Blood on the walls. Fire from heaven.
4. I am an invisible man. My name is unknown. My loves are a mystery. But an unmanned aerial vehicle from a secret location has come for me.
5. Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything truly wrong, he was killed by a Predator drone.
6. Okonkwo was well known throughout the nine villages and even beyond. His torso was found, not his head.
7. Mother died today. The program saves American lives.”
Steve Cathey, La Costa, July 1975. Warren Bolster. CalStreets.
"Youth" by Daughter from If You Leave
Yesterday the Minnesota Senate voted 37-30 to legalize same-sex marriage. Cadence & Eli Photography.